Thursday, February 26, 2009

Church ball--enough said



I broke my nose a few months ago. The play: transition break, I am back on defense, the key has a couple others in it, I read my man's move (spin move), beat him to the spot (if I were not so committed to playing defense), take his shoulder (pretty sure not elbow) right in the face as he comes around, playing on carpet, definitely not taking a charge, but instead take his shoulder to the face. The result: hear it crunch, felt my septum move, bleeds only a little, swells like crazy, drive home one handed with (ice and klennex in one hand while talking on the cell phone to Jessey to try to figure out what to do), doctors said it was likely broken, but no need for surgery. Glad for that as I have already had one broken nose surgically repaired. For all the nay-sayers and haters out there my nose may be big, but it is for sure not that big!! My sports goggles could not even protect me (yes I do currently wear Kurt Rambis style glasses though I prefer James Worthy or Kareem Abdul Jabar!!!)

1 comment:

shellybellybee said...

uhhhh,have you ever seen the Joseph and Hyrum Smith death masks? Your pictures looks a lot like those.