Monday, October 20, 2008

Falling asleep on the job!

Okay, I know I've done a very bad job keeping up, but I've got to tell about what happened today. I'll go back later and fill in the details. Lincoln loves to be outside. He also loves to feel like a big kid. We got a little bike this summer at a garage sale and he can't pedal it yet, but sometimes he likes to ride it instead of his trike. Again, he likes to feel big. Today I was pulling his little bike back and forth on our street today just before lunch. I looked down and Lincoln's head was starting to droop and in a matter of seconds it was resting on the handlebars and his eyes were closed. He was out. I picked him up and took him in the house. I put him on the couch leaned up against a pillow while I put our coats and shoes away. Lincoln was bobbing all over the place. The poor kid was so tired. I was frantically trying to get the video camera out and I caught the last 15 seconds or so before he realized that he just wanted to go to bed. I feel bad for making him cry for the sake of entertainment, but it was so stinking funny!!! Here is what I caught.



This is a picture of Lincoln from last month. Party on! I think that was Lincoln's last thought before he crashed.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait to see the video!!! I think it is so sweet when they are so tired and fall asleep like that...I have days when I want to do that too.

shellybellybee said...

Too funny. I love it when they do that, and then take an awesome nap!

california smiths said...

When I saw the title of this, I thought it was going to be of Chris asleep on the job ;) Hope everything is good with you both! Love to look at your blog!

Grandpa Van - Grandma Greta said...

That video was hillarious! I feel like that very often myself. Thanks for blogging. I love seeing your little family grow. Greta