Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Other happenings from May and June




Let's see, there was a lot going on during May and June... hence the missing posts. I thought I should fill in the holes.


We went to Chicago for Chris' family reunion, Jocelyn's blessing, and Alexis' birthday party all in one. Talk about good timing! Lincoln had so much fun with his cousins. Alexis was so nice to the boys and shared all of her toys. Lincoln thought Jackson was the coolest guy he'd ever seen. They had a really good time together and it was fun to have everyone together. Thanks Nick and Kristin for hosting the party! We went to Navy Pier and the Chicago Children's museum with everyone. The day we were leaving Chris, Lincoln, and I went the the Shedd Aquarium downtown.

When we left Chicago, Chris went home to Lincoln (Nebraska, that is) to start his new job at the U.S. Attorney's office. Lincoln and I flew straight to Utah to go to my brother's (Montana's) graduation. The trip was very fun. Lincoln loved seeing his Grandma Leah, Grandpa Kevin, aunts and uncles. We also got to see Grandma and Grandpa Jones and Ty, Shelly and the boys for a day because the Jones family reunion was at Van and Greta's house. When it was time to go home, it was sad to leave, but we hadn't been home for two weeks and Lincoln was ready. Luckily, we flew home with Grandma Angie. That helped make the flight a little bit easier.








Some things about Lincoln from May and June:
-He started saying Mama (finally) after we got home from Idaho and hasn't stopped talking since.






-We noticed that as soon as Lincoln sits down on the floor, he crosses his legs just like his dad.
-He started using his toys to get up higher. He drags them over to a piece of furniture and climbs on up!
-Jack's Big Music Show and Blue's Clues are the favorite on Noggin and sometimes I use them to buy me time to get the dishes done or dinner going.






My bother, Montana, came to visit in June for two days before he went to Omaha to spend a weekend with his friends before they all go on their missions. Lincoln was not nearly as interested in me when he was around. Montana watched Lincoln for me for a while at the temple so I could go. It was so nice of him!

2 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

All of your pictures are really cute. It was good to see you guys when you were here. Keep us posted!!

Frasure Family said...

What cute pics! I am sad I missed his bday party. They cake looked awesome! We should take a cake decorating class, Leah and I were saying.
PS Gald I finally found your blog!